Saturday, 27 March 2010

Playa De Las Americas – All inclusive heaven!


The hotel I stayed at and the pool!

So I have just got back from Tenerife (Canary Islands) and not only have I gained a decent tan, but a couple of pounds too!
I stayed in the Hotel ‘Best Tenerife’ which well deserves the four stars it has been awarded. My room was lovely, large, two double beds, en-suite bathroom, TV and best of all a sizeable balcony with a beautiful view.


The above picture was my room at the hotel!
For an extra £130 I had all my food and drink included for my weeks stay which meant I had an un-limited amount of breakfast, lunch and dinner on offer to me in so many different varieties through out the day. On top of that I had snacks such as ice creams and toasties delivered to me by the pool. And on top of that I had the pick of any drink I wanted (I discovered a liking for Baileys this holiday after trying every drink just because I could).
All this might sound amazing (that’s because it was) but there has been a major down side. I have added pounds to my already expanding figure (coming to university in Leeds has not been kind to my gut). All inclusive was a money saver but I’m starting to think that may be it prevented me from enjoying the lovely restaurants Playa De Las Americas has to offer.
Like any 19 year old I did go off seeking the night life and funnily enough I think I found it quite well due to my lack of memory about the night out. What I do remember is that drinks were cheap, people were friendly and the entertainment was genuinely entertaining.
I would recommend going to Tenerife; the locals have made it paradise to the extent that they have shipped in tones of sand from neighbouring Africa to ensure the beaches are the perfect shade of white to blend in with the picturesque turquoise of the sea. And the temperature never drops below 25 degrees Celsius all year round. Although if you have that bit of extra money to spend I would keep your board as self-catering to ensure you get a good view of the Island and what it has to offer. Carrying that extra money and expanding your wallet may prevent an expansion in your waistline.

No comments:

Post a Comment