
Easter holidays have always been an interesting and active time of year for me. England just starts to get hotter, the BBQs come out and best of all... CHOCOLATE!!
Coming home from Uni im instantly greeted with properly cooked dinners and then on the Easter Sunday a big BBQ and Easter egg hunt (I have a 9 year old sister so it is still acceptable to plan things like Easter egg hunts at 19). I’m not sure if its just me getting older but so many things about Easter have changed like:
· How long it takes me to find my eggs – It definitely used to take me an hour or more but now the hunt is over in ten minuets.
· Getting into my Easter eggs is so much quicker and easier and the egg is more or less the same size as the box – this might have some thing to do with the recycling laws so there isn’t double the amount of packaging needed to find the smallest egg insider. Or I have just got older and can’t eat as much chocolate any more so the eggs fill me quicker making them seem like there’s more chocolate to them.
· Its just BBQ Sunday not church and BBQ Sunday like it used to be – changing times or just the fact my nana isn’t there to drag us all to church?
· Its risky planning to BBQ – its definitely true about the colder wetter winters coming about, planning a BBQ in April is as dangerous as having a naked flame near gas... you never know when some thing is going to go off (in this case when its going to rain). I’m sure when I was younger the Easter holidays were hotter?!
I guess I’m just trying to say are times changing for the worst? For the better? Or have they always been like this?
Coming home from Uni im instantly greeted with properly cooked dinners and then on the Easter Sunday a big BBQ and Easter egg hunt (I have a 9 year old sister so it is still acceptable to plan things like Easter egg hunts at 19). I’m not sure if its just me getting older but so many things about Easter have changed like:
· How long it takes me to find my eggs – It definitely used to take me an hour or more but now the hunt is over in ten minuets.
· Getting into my Easter eggs is so much quicker and easier and the egg is more or less the same size as the box – this might have some thing to do with the recycling laws so there isn’t double the amount of packaging needed to find the smallest egg insider. Or I have just got older and can’t eat as much chocolate any more so the eggs fill me quicker making them seem like there’s more chocolate to them.
· Its just BBQ Sunday not church and BBQ Sunday like it used to be – changing times or just the fact my nana isn’t there to drag us all to church?
· Its risky planning to BBQ – its definitely true about the colder wetter winters coming about, planning a BBQ in April is as dangerous as having a naked flame near gas... you never know when some thing is going to go off (in this case when its going to rain). I’m sure when I was younger the Easter holidays were hotter?!
I guess I’m just trying to say are times changing for the worst? For the better? Or have they always been like this?

No comments:
Post a Comment