
Being in my second year at Leeds Met I have to start considering the opportunities offered by completing a years placement in Public Relations. The obvious benefits such as work experience in a real business environment, learning the things that can never be taught in a classroom and some thing worth while to put on my C.V. are factors swaying my decision to do a placement. But the route to obtaining one is so confusing.
There are so many un-answered questions and many more negative points. Such as where will I live if I move to another city and if I end up doing a placement in Leeds after all my friends have signed for a house then where will I live?! I have to apply for my student loan, but I don’t know whether I will be doing a placement or not so how do I know what to apply for? What if I don’t find a placement? When do they start? And the list goes on and on.
In PR I feel that experience counts for a lot more then what you are taught in a class room. So what do you do in a situation like this? Leave myself hovering above whether I will be offered a placement or just go straight into my final year?
There are so many un-answered questions and many more negative points. Such as where will I live if I move to another city and if I end up doing a placement in Leeds after all my friends have signed for a house then where will I live?! I have to apply for my student loan, but I don’t know whether I will be doing a placement or not so how do I know what to apply for? What if I don’t find a placement? When do they start? And the list goes on and on.
In PR I feel that experience counts for a lot more then what you are taught in a class room. So what do you do in a situation like this? Leave myself hovering above whether I will be offered a placement or just go straight into my final year?

No comments:
Post a Comment